- 22 Hours CPE/CLE in San Diego,CA May 20, 2013“In the last 15 years I’ve attended 20 conferences presented by ASTPS and others. The 2013 Advanced Seminar in Baltimore is the best of this type I’ve attended.” Charles K. Montecino, CPA, CTRS JUNE 6-8 2013 SAN DIEGO, CA DOUBLETREE … Continue reading → […]John
- In depth coverage: Representing the Non-Filer… May 17, 2013“Representing the Non-Filer” – LG Brooks, EA, CTRS, NTPI Fellow http://youtu.be/nbnkbOqLCWI Didn’t make it to the East Coast Advanced Seminar? There’s still time to sign up for Advanced in San Diego on June 6-8th. Learn More > […]Sarah P
- Advanced Examination – Eric Green, JD., LL.M.(Baltimore) May 17, 2013Advanced Examination – Eric Green, JD., LL.M.(Baltimore),Claudia Hill, EA(San Diego) (2 hrs.) This session follows the process of examination from the time your client receives an envelope from IRS requesting their presence for an audit of their return to the moment when you … Continue reading → […]John
- IRS Collection and Examination Appeals – Theodore A. Sinars, JD May 16, 20132013 Advanced Seminar is off to a great start on the East Coast! Check out Theodore A. Sinars: IRS Collection and Examination Appeals Adequate defense of taxpayers requires that the taxpayer’s representative fully understand the IRS appeals procedures. This session will … Continue reading → […]John
- 22 Hours CPE/CLE in San Diego,CA May 20, 2013
- christian louboutin shoes on Get Ready, Get Set… Seminar!
- ray ban aviator pas cher on Happy Thanksgiving
- louis vuitton handbags on Who Said It?… Answer for FREE Starbucks.
- Iphone 5 Deals on Free Webinar Today – Join us and learn about IRS Logics Software
- LUNETTE OAKLEY PAS CHER on Buckle up. We now have a blog
ASTPSThe American Society of Tax Problem Solvers (ASTPS) is a national, non-profit organization of professionals who specialize in representing taxpayers before the IRS. In a nutshell, we train rescue squads for troubled taxpayers.
Contact ASTPS:P: 716-630-1650 F: 716-630-1651 2250 Wehrle Dr. Ste 3 Williamsville, NY 14221 www.astps.org
Tag Archives: fees
No, it’s not some new dance step. It’s the recommended way to engage a prospective client in need of representation before the IRS. This Two-Step involves two separate engagement letters: the first being prepared at the outset of an engagement, … Continue reading
It’s time to wrap up this series of posts with some issues concerning terms of payment, collection issues, and structured fees for tax problem resolution cases. Collecting fees in advance is one of the most controversial areas of tax problem … Continue reading
In part one, I closed the topic of tax problem resolution fees with a promise to cover fixed fee approaches here in part two. Fixed fee simply means telling your client how much you will charge for your services. It … Continue reading
One of the most popular tax problem resolution topics is fees. We are entering the time of year when taxes are top of mind to most people. (If you don’t think so ask Mitt and Newt…) So it seems good … Continue reading
Do you tell clients that you will deliver what they need? Are you sure enough to back it up? Do you offer a guarantee? Tax problem resolution services require us to deal with the toughest government agency in the country. … Continue reading
Recently a fellow ASTPS member related a case to me that highlights a common problem encountered by EAs, CPAs, and attorneys who represent taxpayers under audit by the IRS. Here’s the story as it was related to me. Taxpayer Joe … Continue reading
Those who are uninitiated about our industry fail to grasp our insistence on being paid in advance. Experience has shown that as much as our clients want and need our skills, they quickly lose their appreciation for our efforts once … Continue reading