Bankruptcy Cases are set to EXPLODE!
Are you ready to jump in and assist Attorneys?
With the impending explosion in bankruptcy cases due to the COVID Crisis there are not enough trained bankruptcy attorneys familiar with these rules to handle the case load and they need help.
This one of a kind seminar created by Roger Nemeth from Tax Help Software and hosted by ASTPS will teach the attendees how to calculate Federal Tax Bankruptcy Discharge Dates along with the IRS CSED (IRS 10 year debt expiration).
This seminar will use both a traditional webinar format along with hands on real world scenarios (redacted) calculations of real cases using real IRS transcripts. Attendees will apply their knowledge and use the latest software to calculate accurate bankruptcy discharge dates and IRS CSED dates.
Attendees will be able to evaluate bankruptcy clients for tax debt resolution and tax resolution clients for bankruptcy options. The bankruptcy Means Test will be compared to the IRS Collection Information Statements to learn that the two forms are very similar and can be completed at the same time. On the final day attendees will learn how to locate local Bankruptcy leads and how to identify local bankruptcy attorneys who are actually working local cases.
Taxes in Bankruptcy will run over the course of 5 days, and we’re going to cover a lot during the 15 hours!
Monday, July 27th
The basics of bankruptcy
- Define Chapter 7, 11, and 13 bankruptcies.
- Identify the 3 bankruptcy rules 3 year, 2 year and 240 day rule.
The Means Test
- Learn what the means test is and when is it used.
- Compare the means test to the IRS 433 forms.
- Learn when a means test is required and the steps involved in calculating the means test.
Tuesday, July 28th
Calculated Statutes Expiration Date (CSED)
- Identify what a CSED is.
- Learn what a CSED tolling event is.
- Identify the tolling events that extend the CSED.
- Learn how to obtain the IRS CSED.
- Learn how to calculate the CSED.
- Learn how to contest the CSED if it is incorrect.
- Learn strategies for the best way to get your client to CSED before the IRS knows.
Wednesday, July 29th
Bankruptcy Federal Tax Discharge Rules
- Learn what the 3-Year, 2-Year and 240-Day Rules are and how they affect the Bankruptcy Tax Discharge Dates.
- Learn what qualifies as tax return.
- Learn how to identify if an original tax return has been filed pre SFR assessment.
- Learn how to identify the actual return filed date.
- Learn about the bankruptcy discharge equitable tolling events.
- Learn how to identify pertinent information on the IRS Tax Transcripts to Calculate the bankruptcy tax discharge dates.
- Learn the about the McCoy Ruling (Late filed returns).
- Learn about the Beard Test.
Thursday, July 30th
Calculating CSED & Bankruptcy (Practical Exercise)
- Attendees will evaluate multiple scenarios using real redacted transcripts using Excel and THS software.
- Initial scenarios will be done simultaneous with the instructor walking through the steps.
- Attendees will also be given additional scenarios to do on their own in which they will be graded on to insure they grasp the associated concepts.
Friday, July 31st
- Tax professionals will learn how to market their skills to local bankruptcy attorneys including a template letter they can use.
Roger W. Nemeth, EA, CTRS, NTPI Fellow
Roger is a nationally recognized speaker who in the past year has presented to over 30,000 attendees from the National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA), Connecticut Bar Association (Bankruptcy Conference), American Society of Tax Problem Solvers (ASTPS), American Academy of Attorney-CPAs (AAA-CPA), California Society of Enrolled Agents (CSEA) and numerous other regional events. Roger is considered by many to be the nation’s leading expert on IRS transcripts and how to interpret the data. Roger revolutionized the tax resolution industry in a time when many were being investigated and shut down due to their failure to handle the complex tax issues that exist. Roger invented the IRS Transcript Report Analysis industry in 2009 when he quickly realized tax professionals were analyzing raw IRS data manually one taxpayer and one year at a time. In 2013 Roger launched Tax Help Software which quickly became the go to solution for tax professionals and bankruptcy attorneys. Every year Roger educates thousands of tax professionals across the country on how to analyze IRS transcripts. The THS Bankruptcy Seminar is Roger’s most advanced education session created to date. He created this seminar in a way that would allow the attendees to truly understand the concepts and do the calculations themselves.
Who is this course for?
This is an advanced course.
Attendees should be familiar with the basics of IRS transcripts and how to obtain them. Tax Pros should have a working knowledge of tax resolution. For example they should be familiar with the 433 Collection Information Statements.
Bankruptcy attorneys should be familiar with the different types of bankruptcies and a basic understanding of the Means Test.
Why do I need to own THS to take this course?
Attendees are required to have a current Tax Help Software Executive License because this course is going to cover how to calculate the CSED and Bankruptcy Discharge Dates. Although this can be done manually using Excel to calculate the date differences it is very time consuming.
The THS CSED/Bankruptcy Calculator imports the transcript and allows the dates to be adjusted. Users will first learn how to use the tool and then proceed to doing their own calculations using real IRS transcripts that have been redacted. Currently the THS CSED/Bankruptcy Calculator is the only product on the market that allows the manual adjustments of imported data critical to calculating accurate dates.
Why is this course teaching both CSED and Bankruptcy Discharge Dates?
For Tax Pros doing resolution understanding how to calculate accurate CSED is imperative since the IRS’s internal calculations are incorrect almost half of the time per the IRS Inspector General. Tax Pros should also be familiar with the bankruptcy discharge dates when consulting with tax resolution options since it is a valid option for some taxpayers.
It is also a great marketing tool to work with and get referrals from Bankruptcy Attorneys since most tax debt survives bankruptcy. For Bankruptcy Attorneys the CSED is the date at which the IRS debt will be written off by the IRS. It is critical the Bankruptcy Attorney be familiar with these dates in determining if Bankruptcy is the best strategy for their clients.
Join us July 27-31 Live!
There is a $200 early-bird discount for registrations booked prior to July 10th.
This course will be taught live on July 27th – 31st 2020. The course will run 12pm – 3pm Eastern Time each day but just to be safe please block off until 4pm.
The course is going to be recorded so if you have to miss a session you will get 12 months access to the full program after it is complete.
No Travel Necessary, Join us Virtually!
This course will be taught live on July 27th – 31st 2020. The course will be approximately 3 hours long each day and will run from 12pm – 3pm Eastern Time.
Q & A? Of course!
Attendees will have an opportunity to ask questions during the event. If there are any questions that cannot be accommodated within the scheduled course hours, they will be answered by email after each presentation.
The only technology requirements are a reliable Internet connection. We will also do a test run prior to the event for all attendees who have any technology concerns. We recommend you participate in the test to avoid missing any part of the material.